1½ cups Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
¾ cups milk
¾ cups corn syrup; light or dark
¼ cup margarine or unsalted butter; softened
1½ teaspoons vanilla
¾ cups brown sugar; firmly packed
½ cup Bisquick or baking mix
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease pie plate, 9-inch pie plate. Sprinkle pecans in pie plate.
2. Beat milk, corn syrup, butter, vanilla, eggs, brown sugar and Bisquick until smooth; 15 seconds in blender on high or 1 minute with hand beater. Pour into pie plate.
3. Bake in a preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes until knife inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool.
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
2¼ cups flour
5 tablespoons canola oil
1. Sift baking powder and sugar into flour. Sift together twice into large mixing bowl.
2. Slowly add oil, cutting in with pastry blender (or 2 knives), until mix is consistency of corn meal.
3. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature or may be refrigerated.