4 ounces tempeh
2 apples, peeled, cored and diced
½ cup raisins
½ cup currants
½ cup dates; chopped
⅓ cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
½ cup maple syrup
½ cup orange juice
1 tablespoon grated orange peel
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon mace
1⅔ cups whole-wheat pastry flour
¼ cup oil
¼ cup orange juice
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. Steam tempeh for 20 minutes, then either shred or dice finely.
3. In a large saucepan combine tempeh, apples, raisins, currants, dates pecans, maple syrup, orange juice, grated orange peel, cinnamon and mace. Stir well. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then remove from heat and set aside to cool.
4. In a large mixing bowl combine pastry flour, oil, and orange juice until a soft dough is formed. Add more juice if necessary. Divide into 2 pieces, one slightly larger than the other. Place larger ball of dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll into a 9-inch circle. Place into an 8-inch pie plate.
5. Spoon filling into the pie crust. Roll out remaining ball of dough and place on top of the filling. Seal and crimp the edges.
6. Bake for 10 minutes and then reduce the heat to 325ºF and bake until the crust is lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Cool and serve.
No comments yet.