1 recipe Kahlua Pecan Filling
Tiny cookie cups filled with rich Pecan-Kahlua filling. Mixtures require refrigeration before forming cookies.
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Roll heaping teaspoons of dough into balls, and arrange 1½-inch apart, on prepared baking sheets. Use the tip of a wooden spoon handle to make ½-inch deep indentation in the center of each ball. (Dip handle in cold water between uses.)
3. Bake cups in a preheated oven for 5 minutes, remove from oven.
4. Press balls of pecan filling firmly into center of each cookie cup. Return to oven, and continue baking 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
1 cup unsalted butter; softened
⅔ cups brown sugar; firmly packed
¼ teaspoon sea salt
⅓ cup dark corn syrup
2½ tablespoons Kahlua (coffee liqueur)
2½ cups all-purpose flour
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter, brown sugar and salt until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in egg, corn syrup and Kahlua. Stir in flour in ½ cup additions, blending well after each addition. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours before baking.
¼ cup unsalted butter
¼ cup dark corn syrup
⅔ cups powdered sugar
¾ cups Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces; toasted and finely chopped
1 tablespoon Kahlua
1. Combine butter, corn syrup and sugar in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, just until mixture comes to a full boil. Immediately remove from heat; stir in pecans and Kahlua. Refrigerate 1 hour, or until firm.
2. Roll half-teaspoons of mixture into 72 balls. Place on a sheet, cover and freeze until ready to use.