½ cup unsalted butter; room temperature
1 cup flour
¾ cups brown sugar; firmly packed
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 dash sea salt
⅔ cups Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF.
2. In a large mixing bowl blend cream cheese and ½ cup butter. Stir in flour. Chill about 1 hour.
3. Shape into 2 dozen 1-inch balls; place in ungreased 1¾-inch muffin pans. Press dough against the bottoms and sides.
4. In another bowl beat together egg, brown sugar, the 1 tablespoon butter, vanilla and salt just until smooth.
5. Divide half of the pecans among the pastry lined pans; add egg mixture and top with the remaining pecans.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until filling is set. Cool; remove from pans.