1½ sticks unsalted butter
1½ cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar (more if needed)
1 egg white; lightly beaten
1¼ cups dark corn syrup
¼ cup unsalted butter; melted
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1½ cups Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup Pecan Valley Pecan Halves
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. Using butter, flour, sugar and water, make pastry according to Cuisinart directions. Roll pastry into 10-inch pie plate, cover with waxed paper and pie weights.
3. Reduce heat to 375ºF.
4. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove weights and bake 2 to 3 minutes more until crust is golden brown.
5. Reduce heat to 350ºF.
6. Brush pie shell with egg white.
7. Mix corn syrup and brown sugar in small saucepan. Boil over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
8. Beat eggs, add syrup, and then melted butter, chopped pecans and vanilla. Pour into shell. Arrange pecan halves on top.
9. Bake in a preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes until center is set. Cover with foil if pie starts to over brown.