¾ cups granulated sugar
¼ cup brown sugar; firmly packed
1½ cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons instant coffee powder no crystals
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. In a large mixing bowl cream butter. Add both sugars and beat well.
3. Add egg and mix well.
4. Add flour, coffee powder, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, vanilla and ½ cup pecans. Mix well.
5. Wrap dough in wax paper and chill thoroughly in refrigerator (at least two hours).
6. Remove dough from refrigerator. Using rounded teaspoonfuls of dough, shape into balls using palms of hands and place 2 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake in a preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
8. Remove cookie sheet from oven and working quickly place 3 to 4 chocolate chips in the center of each hot cookie. When chocolate has softened, spread over top and sprinkle with balance of pecans.
9. Remove to wire rack and cool.