½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup brown sugar; firmly packed
½ teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon water
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon soda
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
½ cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. In a large mixing bowl thoroughly cream shortening, sugars and vanilla.
3. Beat in egg, then 1 tablespoon water.
4. Sift together flour, soda and salt; add to creamed mixture, blending well.
5. Stir in the rolled oats, chocolate chips and pecans.
6. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto a greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
7. Bake in a preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
8. Cool slightly before removing from pan.