1 cup unsalted butter
1½ cups all purpose flour
2 cups light brown sugar; lightly packed
4 large eggs; well beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
3 cups Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. In a large mixing bowl cream the sugar and butter together until well creamed then add the flour; mix thoroughly.
3. Spread evenly in a greased 9-inch-by-13-inch pan.
4. Bake in a preheated oven for 5 minutes. It will look bubbly with holes all over, but this is fine. Let cool while making the top layer.
5. In a large mixing bowl, cream the brown sugar and eggs together until light and fluffy.
6. Add the vanilla.
7. Sift the salt, flour and baking powder together in another bowl and add to the egg mixture.
8. Fold in the nuts and pour over the baked bottom layer.
9. Return to oven and continue baking for 20 minutes or until light brown on top and firm to the touch.
10. Cool and cut into bars. Do not cut them too thin or they will crumble. These keep well if stored in an airtight container.
Yield 3 to 4 dozen 1-inch-by-2-inch bars
No comments yet.