1½ cups granulated sugar
4 cups all-purpose flour
2½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon allspice
½ cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
1 teaspoon anise (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF.
2. In a large mixing bowl beat oil and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time.
3. In another bowl combine remaining ingredients and mix into creamed mixture with wooden spoon.
4. Form dough into 4 oval loaves on baking sheet. Score into ½ inch slices.
5. Bake in a preheated oven for 25 minutes or done.
6. Slice completely through while warm and cool completely.
7. If you want a harder biscotti-like cookie, you reduce oven temperature to 200ºF. Return just baked cookie to oven and continue baking for 20 minutes longer.
Note: These are very similar to biscotti but are not necessarily twice baked. These freeze well