1½ cups brown sugar; firmly packed
1 egg; beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon rum flavoring
1 cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces; finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. In a large mixing bowl cream butter with brown sugar until light.
3. Beat in egg and vanilla.
4. Mix in flour, baking powder and flavoring.
5. Add pecans.
6. Spread in greased 8-inch square cake pan.
7. Bake in a preheated oven for 35 minutes and cut into squares.
8. Serve hot or cold, plain or with whipped cream or ice cream. Store in tin.