½ cup unsalted butter chilled
⅛ teaspoon sea salt
5 to 7 tablespoons ice water
5 tablespoons salted butter
1 cup dark brown sugar; firmly packed
½ cup dark corn syrup
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
3 large beaten eggs
2 cups Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces; toasted
Pecan Valley Pecan Halves; toasted
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Mix together flour, salt, and chilled butter in food processor until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add ice water by tablespoon. And process just until a dough ball begins to form. Wrap dough and chill until firm.
3. Roll dough out on floured board into a 10-inch-by-10-inch square. Fold dough in half and then into quarters and place in an 8-inch square baking pan. Unfold dough and press into corners and up sides of pan and chill 15 minutes.
4. Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat and remove from heat. Stir in sugar and corn syrup and mix until smooth. Add almond and vanilla extracts. Add eggs and beat with a spoon until well blended. Fold in toasted pecans and pour filling into crust lined pan.
5. Place pan in center of in preheated oven.
6. Bake in a preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until filling is set. Cool on wire rack cut into small squares and top each with a pecan half.