½ cup unsalted butter; softened
14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
6 ounces chocolate-coated toffee bits*
1 cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease 13-inch-by-9-inch pan.
2. In large bowl, combine cake mix, butter and egg; mix well with pastry blender or fork. Press mixture in bottom of greased pan.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 7 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine condensed milk, vanilla and 1 egg; mix well. Stir in toffee bits and pecans.
5. Remove pan from oven; pour filling evenly over warm base.
6. Return to oven; continue baking for an additional 22 to 30 minutes or until filling is set. Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled. Cut into bars. Store in refrigerator.
Makes 36 bars
Note: If you can’t find chocolate-coated toffee bits, coarsely chop four 1.4-ounce Heath or Skor bars. These bars are easier to cut after they have been refrigerated.