1 cup brown sugar; firmly packed
1½ cups flour; unsifted
1 cup oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
16 ounces pumpkin
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 eggs; beaten
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. In large mixer bowl, beat margarine and brown sugar until fluffy; add flour, oats, baking powder and ½ teaspoon salt. Mix until crumbly. Reserving ½ cup flour mixture, press remainder on bottom of 15-inch-by-10-inch jellyroll pan.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile in medium bowl, combine pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Spread over baked crust.
5. In small bowl, combine reserved ½ cup flour mixture with pecans; sprinkle over pumpkin mixture.
6. Continue baking for 30 to 35 minutes or until set. Cool. Cut into bars. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired. Store covered in refrigerator.
No comments yet.