1 cup brown sugar; firmly packed
1½ cups flour; unsifted
1 cup oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
16 ounces pumpkin
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 eggs; beaten
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. In large mixer bowl, beat margarine and brown sugar until fluffy; add flour, oats, baking powder and ½ teaspoon salt. Mix until crumbly. Reserving ½ cup flour mixture, press remainder on bottom of 15-inch-by-10-inch jellyroll pan.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile in medium bowl, combine pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Spread over baked crust.
5. In small bowl, combine reserved ½ cup flour mixture with pecans; sprinkle over pumpkin mixture.
6. Continue baking for 30 to 35 minutes or until set. Cool. Cut into bars. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired. Store covered in refrigerator.