1 cup all-purpose flour
¾ cups whole-wheat flour
½ cup brown sugar; firmly packed
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Dash sea salt
3 egg whites
1 egg white; slightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. Spray cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Place pecans in blender or food processor.
3. Cover and blend, using quick on-and-off motion, until pecans are consistency of coarse meal.
4. In a large mixing bowl, mix ½ cup of the ground pecans and the flours, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
5. Stir in 3 egg whites thoroughly until stiff dough forms.
6. Sprinkle remaining ground pecans on lightly floured surface.
7. Divide dough into 4 equal parts. Roll each part dough into rope, about 14-inch long and ¾-inch thick, on pecans. Place on cookie sheet. Brush lightly with remaining egg white.
8. Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes.
9. Cut into 1-inch diagonal slices.
10. Reduce oven temperature to 225ºF.
11. Continue baking for 15 to 20 minutes longer or until crisp.
12. Remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack. Store tightly covered.
No comments yet.