1 cup brown sugar; firmly packed
1 cup unsalted butter
2 cups brown sugar; firmly packed
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon sea salt
2 cups Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together 2 cups flour and 1 cup brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbs form. Press into well-greased 15½-inch-by-10 ½-inch-by-1-inch jelly roll pan.
3. Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
5. Increase oven temperature to 375ºF.
6. In another bowl beat eggs until light.
7. Gradually beat in 2 cups brown sugar, then vanilla.
8. Stir together 2 tablespoons flour, baking powder and salt. Add to egg mixture along with nuts.
9. Spread over baked crust in pan.
10. Bake in 375ºF oven about 20 minutes or until light brown.
11. Cool in pan on rack.
12. Cut in 2-inch-by-1-inch bars.