2 cups brown sugar; firmly packed
3½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
½ cup sour cream
1 cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
2 cups raisins
1 cup dates; chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. In a large bowl, blend together shortening or butter and brown sugar.
3. Beat in eggs.
4. Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
5. Add spices.
6. Stir in sour cream, and then add pecans, raisins and dates. Stir well.
7. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
8. Bake in a preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
Yield 6 dozen.