3 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon sea salt
3 tablespoons unsalted butter; softened
1⅛ cups granulated sugar
1½ cups sour cream
2 large eggs
¼ teaspoon pecan flavoring
Caramel Nut Frosting1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder, soda and salt; set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter and sugar.
4. Add well beaten eggs and sour cream.
5. Add flour mixture and mix by hand or electric mixer until well mixed. Pour into 12-inch-by-8-inch-by-2 pan.
6. Bake in a preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean
7. Let stand in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Turn cakes out onto racks to cool.
8. When cold, frost Carmel Nut Frosting. Decorate with pecan halves
Caramel Nut Frosting
¼ cup unsalted butter
½ cup brown sugar; firmly packed
¼ cup light cream
1½ cups powdered sugar
⅓ cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
½ teaspoon vanilla
1. Melt butter in saucepan. Add brown sugar; cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
2. Add cream; continue stirring and bring to a boil.
3. Remove from heat; blend in powdered sugar and pecans; mix well. Add vanilla. If necessary thin with cream a few drops at a time