½ teaspoon mixed vegetable seasoning
8 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
6 tablespoons brandy
1 cup white wine
2 tablespoons tomato paste
6 tablespoons whole wheat flour
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
2 cup broth
1 pounds Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
1½ cup sour cream
½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Season turkey with mixed vegetable seasoning.
3. In skillet, melt ½ of butter and brown turkey; place turkey in ovenproof casserole with lid.
4. In same skillet, sauté garlic and scallions. Add brandy and wine; increase heat and boil about 1 minute. Reduce heat to low and whisk in tomato paste, and flour. Cook, stirring until smooth.
5. Add mushrooms and broth. Pour sauce over turkey in casserole. Add pecans.
6. Bake covered in a preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until turkey is tender. Remove from oven. Spoon about 2 cups of turkey sauce into bowl; stir in sour cream; return to casserole, stirring until thoroughly combined.
7. Return to oven and bake covered about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.