1 dash sea salt
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup sour cream
1 egg; slightly beaten
6 tablespoons apricot preserves
6 tablespoons Pecan Valley Pecan Meal
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. In a large mixing bowl mix flour, salt, and sugar. With a pastry blender, cut butter into flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in sour cream and egg. Knead lightly until mixture holds together. Wrap well in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
3. Divide dough into thirds. On a lightly floured pastry cloth, roll each third into a circle 11-inch in diameter.
4. Spread each circle evenly with 2 tablespoons of apricot preserves and 2 tablespoons ground pecans.
5. Cut each circle into 12 pie-shaped wedges. Roll up each wedge, starting at the wide end. Place seam-side down about 2 inch apart on greased cookie sheets.
6. Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes, until golden brown. Place on wire rack.
7. Dust with powdered sugar when completely cool.
No comments yet.