⅓ cup Pecan Valley Pecan Oil or walnut oil
3½ cups all-purpose flour
1½ teaspoons baking soda
1½ cups dark brown sugar; firmly packed
½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1½ teaspoons black pepper; coarse ground
1½ cups Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces; toasted
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Butter and flour 2 baking sheets.
2. In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs and oil together, add the sugar, nutmeg and pepper and then beat until the ingredients are well combined.
3. In another bowl combine the flour and baking soda, and slowly add the dry ingredients to the egg-sugar mixture.
4. Add the pecans to the dough, which will be fairly stiff, but sticky.
5. Divide the dough into four equal parts. On a floured board, or work surface, form each piece into a rope about 12 inches long and 2 to 3 inches wide. Place the ropes on the baking sheet. Flatten the top of each loaf slightly with your fingertips.
6. Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on racks for 10 minutes.
7. Slice each loaf into slices about ½-inch thick. Place the slices on the baking sheets, cut-side down, and return to the oven for about 20 minutes.
8. Turn the biscotti after 10 minutes.
9. Cool on racks and store in air-tight tins or jars.