1 cup quick-cooking oats
½ cup brown sugar; firmly packed
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 cup cold unsalted butter
1 cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
20 caramels; unwrapped
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1 21-ounce can apple pie filling
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. In large bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, baking soda and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Reserving 1½ cups crumb mixture, press remainder into 13-inch-by-9-inch baking pan.
3. Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes.
4. Add pecans to crumb mixture.
5. In heavy saucepan, melt caramels with sweetened condensed milk, stirring until smooth. Spoon apple filling over crust; top with caramel mixture, then crumb mixture.
6. Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes or until set. Cool; serve warm.
Serves 10 to 12