¼ cup brown sugar; firmly packed
½ cup unsalted butter
1 cup maple syrup
⅔ cups (⅓ maple ⅓ brown) sugar
2 eggs (beaten)
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon vanilla
1 cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, ¼ cup sugar and butter. With fork, mix until consistency of fine corn meal. Press mix into greased 9-inch-by-13-inch pan.
3. Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes.
4. Combine ⅔ cups sugar and syrup in small saucepan. Simmer 5 minutes.
5. Pour over beaten eggs, stirring constantly. Stir in flour, salt and vanilla.
6. Pour mix over baked crust. Sprinkle with nuts.
7. Bake in a preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
8. Cool in pan and cut in bars.