⅓ pounds soft butter; half sweet and half salt
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons vanilla
1. Lightly toast the pecans in a low oven and then let cool. Finely grind the pecans in a food processor
2. Preheat oven to 300ºF
3. In a large mixing bowl, cream the soft butter and sugar together.
4. Add the pecans, flour and vanilla and mix well.
5. With a plain piping tip, pipe the cookie dough in drops onto a buttered and floured pan or onto parchment paper.
6. Bake in a preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until pale brown in color.
7. When cool, sprinkle powdered sugar over the cookies.
8. Store in an airtight container.
Note: The cookie dough freezes well.