1¼ cups all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon sea salt
⅓ cup shortening
3 to 4 tablespoons cold water
16-ounce can pumpkin pie filling
⅔ cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 5-ounce can evaporated milk
½ cup milk
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
¼ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
3 tablespoons unsalted butter; softened
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour and salt. Cut in the shortening until the pieces are the size of small peas. Sprinkle the water, one tablespoon at a time, over part of the flour; gently toss with a fork. Push to the side of the bowl. Repeat until all is moistened. Form the dough into a ball.
2. On a lightly floured surface, flatten the dough and roll out to a 12-inch circle. Line a 9-inch pie plate with the pastry. Trim the crust to ½-inch beyond the edge of the plate. Fold under and flute the edge.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar and spice. Add the eggs and beat lightly. Gradually beat in the evaporated milk and milk. Pour the filling into the crust. Cover the edge of the pie with foil to prevent over browning.
4. Bake in a preheated oven for 25 minutes.
5. Make the topping: in a medium bowl, combine the flour, pecans, brown sugar and butter. Remove the foil from the pan. Sprinkle the topping over the filling.
6. Return the pie to the oven and bake for 25 minutes longer, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cover and chill to store