¼ cup granulated sugar
⅛ teaspoon sea salt
½ cup plus 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter; cut into pieces
1 large egg yoke
½ cup brown sugar; firmly packed
2 tablespoons flour
¾ cups dark corn syrup
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups Pecan Valley Pecan Halves
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Grease a 9-inch square pan.
2. Put flour, sugar and salt in a food processor and pulse until blended. With the processor running, gradually add butter through the feed tube; process until blended.
3. Turn out into prepared pan and gather dough. Flatten and press evenly over the bottom of the pan, forming a ½-inch edge up the sides of the pan.
4. Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile stir brown sugar and flour in a medium bowl until blended. Add corn syrup, eggs and vanilla; whisk until well blended. Spread pecans in an even layer over the partially baked crust. Pour filling over pecans.
6. Reduce oven temperature to 350º.
7. Continue baking for 25 minutes or until filling is firm. Cool on a wire rack before cutting into bars.
No comments yet.