3 tablespoons boiling water
2 ounce sweet cooking chocolate
¾ cups granulated sugar
¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons margarine; softened
2 egg yolk
½ teaspoon vanilla
1 cup cake flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
⅛ teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk
2 egg whites
1 recipe caramel topping
12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
½ cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
1 recipe Caramel Topping
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF
2. Grease and flour a 13-inch-by-9-inch-by-2-inch rectangular pan.
3. Pour boiling water on chocolate, stirring until melted; cool.
4. In large bowl beat sugar and margarine until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks, one at a time.
5. Beat in chocolate mixture and vanilla on low speed.
6. Mix in flour, baking soda and salt alternately with buttermilk, beating after each addition, until batter is smooth.
7. Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into batter. Pour into pan.
8. Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
9. Spread Caramel Topping over hot cake; sprinkle with chocolate chips and pecans.
10. Continue baking for about 20 minutes longer or until chocolate chips melt.
11. Cool before serving.
Yield: 12 servings
½ cup brown sugar; firmly packed
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup whipping cream
1½ tablespoons unsalted butter
1. Combine brown sugar, sugar and whipping cream in medium saucepan. Bring to boil. Cook and stir, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. Stir in butter until melted. Cool. Then drizzle over cake.